Romance and adventure await…
Quite possibly my favorite Internet Quote of the Day ever:
If someone experienced what you thought was sex as rape? It was rape. That’s how this works.
— Cheese Princess (@lastnora) July 12, 2014
If you did something in the midst of “hooking up” that your partner didn’t consent to, then you raped them. That is what that means.
Apparently, it cannot be said enough times or in enough ways.
CCC (Crystal Clear Consent)
- First of all: Understand that if you go forward with initiating sexual activity not knowing if consent exists, you may or may not be raping someone, but you have proved beyond a shadow of doubt that you are willing to rape someone. Black areas make you a rapist, grey areas make you willing to rape.
- Making absolutely sure that consent is obtained and mutually agreed on. This does not include trying for consent when a person is not in condition to grant consent.
- No doubts as to whether consent was obtained.
- No guesses as to whether consent was obtained.
- No assumptions as to whether consent was obtained.
- No doubt as to whether any partner was capable of giving consent at the time.